The Writing on the Wall: How Asian Orthography Curbs Creativity
by Wm. C. Hannas
Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 2003.
ISBN: 0-8122-3711-0Search bookstores for this title.
- Japan's Creative Imitations
- Sources of Chinese Innovation
- Korean Technology Transfer
- Asia's Creativity Problem
- The Anatomy of Creativity
- Creativity and the Alphabet
- Asia's Orthographic Tradition
- Chinese Writing sample chapter
- Japan's Mixed Script
- Korea's "Alphabet"
- Writing Reform in East Asia
- Vietnam's Unfinished Reform
- The Concrete Nature of Asian Writing
- The Impact of Language on Creativity
- Chinese Characters and Creativity
- Creativity and East Asian Society