The Story of Stuff is a 20-minute video on the costs and absurdities of having a culture wrapped up in unchecked consumerism. It gained especially wide attention after the New York Times published a front-page article about it. A related book was released earlier this month.
The entire video can be downloaded freely in high- and low-resolution versions. And now there’s a collection of subtitles of possible interest to many readers of Pinyin News.
- Hanyu Pinyin with tone marks
- Hanyu Pinyin without tone marks
- traditional Chinese characters (Unicode)
- traditional Chinese characters (Big5)
- simplified Chinese characters (Unicode)
- simplified Chinese characters (GB)
The star of the video, author Annie Leonard, has a lot to get through in just 20 or so minutes, so many people may find it easier, at least at first, to read the Pinyin subtitles that do not include tone marks.