The new work I promised on Li Yang and his Crazy English method has finally been published and is available for free on the Web: A Survey of Li Yang Crazy English (2.6 MB PDF), by Amber R. Woodward.
For a little more on this, see Victor Mair’s recent post on Language Log: Crazy English again.
This paper, which is some 70 pages long, includes photos and even videos.
Here’s the table of contents:
- Li Yang: The Man
- Li Yang’s Background
- The Establishment of Li Yang Crazy English
- Crazy English: The Method
- Precursors to Crazy English
- Crazy English Pedagogical Method
- Crazy English Psychological Method
- The Potential for Success of the Crazy English Method
- Li Yang Crazy English Politics: The Madness
- Li Yang’s Personal Ideology
- Zhang Yuan’s 1999 Documentary, Crazy English
- Crazy English Publicity
- Government Response to Li Yang
- Connection between the Method and the Madness
- Survey on Li Yang and Crazy English
- Transcript of Time Asia Interview
- Transcript of Li’s Responses to Criticism
- Pictures of Li Yang Crazy English
This is issue no. 180 of Sino-Platonic Papers.