This volume was first published in October 1991.
The main topics of the books in this volume are
- Violence in China
- Scientific Stagnation in Traditional China.
- Oracle Shell and Bone Inscriptions (OSBIs)
- Proto-Language And Culture
- Language and Script
- Reference Tools for Sinitic Languages
- Literature and the Life of Peking
- Religion and Philosophy
- The New World
- “Barbarian” Business
- South Asia
For those who hesitate to download such a large file without knowing which books were reviewed, you may consult the table of contents (small HTML file).